Before Your Treatment
Prior to your permanent cosmetic enhancement think about the look that you wish to achieve. As certified in the field of color analysis and makeovers, I ensure that the correct colors and styles are chosen for you, however you are part of the decision making process.
Permanent cosmetic enhancements normally require multiple application sessions. To achieve the best results, you will be required to return for at least one touch up four to six weeks after the initial application.
Be prepared for the color intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen days.
- Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
- Please wear you normal make-up to your prior to and after your enhancements.
- Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen, niacin, and vitamin E 2 days prior to and after your enhancements.
- Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
- Keep alcohol and caffeine intake to a minimum 2 day prior to and after your enhancements.
- A sensitivity test will be performed unless waived upon request.
- Do not use Retin A skincare products close to the enhancement area 1 month prior to and after your procedure.
- Do not use AHA skincare product close to the enhancement area 2 weeks prior to and after your procedure.
- As with electrolysis the Natural Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 1 year after a permanent cosmetic enhancement.
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not tan or have a sunburned face.
- No waxing or tinting 3 days before.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- IPL laser hair removal should be performed no less than 2 weeks prior to your enhancement.
- Electrolysis treatments should be preformed no less than 5 days prior to your enhancement.
After Your Treatment
The area treated may show redness and swelling and the color may look dark and intense- this is quite normal.
Additional treatments cannot be undertaken until the area has competely healed. a 4-6 week healing time is required before any more work can be undertaken.
In order to let your brows heal well, avoid water on the brow area, make up to the brow area, the gym, sauna or pool for 7 days.
Once the area has healed completely, approximately one week, consider using a waterproof total sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color fading.
Strong chemicals or glycolic acid/peels of any kind may cause the pigment to lighten.
Do not pick or pull at the treated area as it will result in pigment loss. You will go through three healing phases: 1. heal 2. peel 3. fade
You may notice whiteness or blanching around the area, this quite normal and will subside within 12 hours. If you find any lymphatic fluid or blood weeping you can gently clean the area, cool boiled water and gauze, blotting gently dry to remove any moisture.
With clean hands and a cotton bud apply a fine layer of aftercare balm to the treated area. Repeat this procedure up to 3 times a day if the area feels tight.
After the fine scabbing has sloughed away you will see a different hue to the color implanted.
- MRI Scans- This procedure show up as an artifact on the scan. Some clients may experience a tingling sensation. Please notify you radiologist.
- Giving Blood- The Red Cross have suggested that you do not give blood for 6 months following treatment.
- Injectables- Dermal fillers and Botox can alter the shape of the eyebrows. Injectables should be carried out after your procedure and not prior.
- Laser/Pulsed Light- Laser of pulsed light hair removal or skin rejuvenation treatments can cause color change. It is important to advise the therapist that you have had a permanent makeup enhancement as this cannot be rectified with another permanent makeup procedure.
- Eyebrow Tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your enhancement.
- Color Refreshing- To keep your new brows looking at their best it is recommended that you have a color refresh procedure every 12-18 months.
- No water, cleanser, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days.
- 4-5 hours after the procedure, clean the area with sterile water and a cotton pad, gauze or q-tip and allow to air dry.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for 10 days.