What Are NovaLash Extensions?
NovaLash Extensions is a revolutionary new product that lengthens and thickens eyelashes. NovaLash Extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to individual eyelashes, one lash at a time, for a natural, elegant and luscious look. They are perfect for special occasions as well as for every day wear.
How long do NovaLash Extensions Last?
When applied properly, semi-permanent NovaLash Extensions can last up to 2 months, depending on the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes and the expertise of the technician applying the eyelash extensions. You will probably want touch-ups every two to four weeks. The Bonding Agent is specially formulated with a unique waterproof bonding agent to last. Imitation glues may not last as long because of an inferior bonding strength.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing NovaLash Extensions?
Yes. Our specially formulated bonding agent allows you to shower, swim, exercise, sleep and spa worry-free while wearing NovaLash Extensions. You can enjoy these lashes with little need to adjust your lifestyle. Please do not swim or spa for 48 hours after the procedure to allow the bonding agent to fully cure. After this, you can swim and spa – worry free.
Can I apply NovaLash Extensions to my own eyelashes?
No. Only a trained professional will be able to safely apply NovaLash Extensions. Unprofessional application or self-application may cause eye injury or clumpy, unnatural looking lashes. NovaLash Extensions are applied one lash at a time to your individual natural eyelashes to achieve long, thick and natural looking eyelashes. The procedure involves bonding the synthetic extension to your own natural eyelashes.
How often should I get touch-ups?
We recommend getting a touch up every two to four weeks. A natural eyelash falls off every 60 to 90 days on average due to the natural growth cycle and is naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. At any given moment, each of your natural eyelashes is at a different stage of its life cycle. A touch up is needed to replenish the lashes that have completed their life cycle. Touch ups generally take a short time and are relatively inexpensive.
Can I apply mascara to NovaLash Extensions?
Indeed, one of the main advantages of lash extensions is never needing mascara again. However, if you must have the mascara look ONLY WATER BASED MASCARA CAN BE USED. You can purchase our specially formulated mascara. DO NOT USE OIL-BASED OR WATERPROOF MASCARA. Waterproof mascara along with any type of oil-based mascara will dissolve the bonding agent and cause the NovaLash Extensions to fall off.
How do I take care of NovaLash Extensions?
Your new NovaLash Extensions are long, thick and beautiful! Once applied, they last up to 2 months. Best of all, they are easy to maintain. Your NovaLash Professional will give you a detailed easy care maintenance instruction manual following your procedure. To maintain this look and extend the life of your lashes, follow these easy care instructions:
- Do not wash eyes or shower for 24 hours after lash application. Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
- Be gentle with your lashes.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Avoid oil-based and waterproof mascara. Water based mascara and water based mascara remover may be used. Use mascara sparingly and gently remove mascara with water-based eye makeup remover. Billyne’s Nail Studio also retails water-based mascara, specially formulated for eyelash extensions, Apply mascara on the tips only.
- We recommend getting a touch up every two to four weeks.
Can you describe the application process?
You will be comfortably reclined with your eyes closed while NovaLash Extensions are applied individually to your natural eyelashes; it generally takes between 60 to 120 minutes to apply one set of NovaLash Extensions. The procedure is so relaxing and comfortable that many clients fall asleep. Touch-ups can be done in as little as 15 to 45 minutes.
How much does it cost for an application of Eyelash Extensions?
I am currently charging between $150- $200 for application of the first full set. We also offer packages, which will include initial application and touch-ups for one set price. See our packages on the Services page or ask for more details when scheduling your appointment.
Who uses Eyelash Extensions?
Hollywood has long since enjoyed extending their beauty with Eyelash Extensions. Models, dancers, actors and pageant contestants have been using eyelash extensions for years. Now, you can have them too. Because they look so real, anyone could be wearing them and you would never know! Be the first in your area to wear NovaLash Extensions..
Is the product FDA approved? Is it safe?
Currently the FDA is not regulating eyelash extensions because the eyelash extensions are applied to the natural eyelash hairs and do not touch the skin. The primary ingredient in our HP-3 glue is the same ingredient used by plastic surgeons in the U.S. for suture-less wound closure. The application process is pain-free and relaxing. In fact, many clients fall asleep during the procedure.
Eyelash Extension Misconceptions
Questions have been raised on occasion in the media regarding the effects of eyelash extensions on natural lashes. Unfortunately many of the reports have not included complete facts and in depth information.
PROPERLY APPLIED eyelash extensions do not cause damage to natural lashes.
Situations where damage has or can be done to the natural lashes are typically caused by one of the following unfortunate scenarios:
1) UNQUALIFIED professionals applying semi-permanent eyelash extensions. NovaLash believes it is irresponsible to sell eyelash extension products without requiring training. The application process, which requires the use of a strong bonding and long lasting adhesive and sharp tweezers near the eye area, is very meticulous. Only under the supervision of a well qualified Certified Trainer can a student learn how to properly position their hands, pick up the lash extension, isolate a single natural lash, and apply the lash extension safely and beautifully. In fact, a qualified trainer is trained to work with each individual’s specific needs to help him or her overcome weaknesses and utilize strengths. Even proper posture and table height is assessed.
I often see the work of an unqualified professional first hand and must repair the damage that has been done to the client. Below is an example of lashes applied by an untrained technician (before) and the corrections done by a certified NovaLash™ Stylist in Atlanta, GA (after).
2) CHEAP WORK. Everyone wants a discount and yes, you can get your lashes done for $99 or less for a full set. But would you really want to? At this price, technicians have to speed through the procedure to maximize their time. This leads to poor quality work or short cuts.
3. FLARES AND ‘INDIVIDUAL’ LASHES applied as shortcuts. Flares, Clusters and ‘Individuals’ consist of attached groups of 3-8 blunt-end lashes, often with a knot at the end. These types of lash enhancements are designed to be applied to the skin using temporary lash adhesive for short term wearing. It has become known that some technicians are taking these lash groups and using a semi-permanent eyelash extension adhesive to adhere flares and individuals directly to natural lashes. Of course applying lashes in bundles like this will take significantly less time to apply to achieve a full look than a single lash by lash application, however this is an unhealthy method for natural lashes. These bundled lashes are far too heavy for a single natural lash to support. If applied to one natural lash they can break the natural lash and inhibit future re-growth. Alternately, if they are applied to multiple natural lashes to properly support their heavy weight, multiple natural lashes will be adhered together. Since natural lashes grow at different rates the flares will cause faster growing natural lashes to prematurely pull out slower growing lashes from the root because they are bonded together. This can result in permanent damage and lash baldness if done repeatedly.
4. CARELESS ADHESION – leading to 3-4 human lashes being clumped together. Again, this comes down to training and quality. Lashes applied properly should be adhered one by one. One small synthetic lash is attached to one natural lash. If several natural lashes are adhered together because the technician has not been trained to isolate a single natural lash or is being too quick or too careless to do so, it can cause pain and, in the end, damage to the natural lashes. The pain will be felt a day or two after application as a faster growing natural lash begins to pull out a slower growing natural lash it is adhered to. While not significant pain (it can be equated to that of a small pin pricking sensation along the lash line) it is a sign that something is not correct with the application. Properly applied eyelash extensions should be seen but not felt. There should be no discomfort during or after application. Both of the examples demonstrated in the photos above show the effect of many lashes being adhered together however it can be much more subtle in appearance than these pictures show. Two single lashes adhered together may not be initially visible to you but a good technician will notice. A trained professional will not only isolate a single lash as they apply but constantly check throughout the application to ensure that no lashes are adhering together as they dry.
A qualified, professionally trained, and highly skilled NovaLash Stylist will take great care in the application, and provide great results..